Chicago Faucet, Fixture & Sink Installation & Repair
Hard water got your faucet? Get fast replacements with Captain Rooter Best value plumbing in Chicago since 1998. Call today at (773) 840-7800 and ask for your FREE estimate!
That leaking faucet that seems harmless now can end up wasting hundreds of gallons of water per year if left untreated. Here we will examine the causes of leaky faucets, signs you should replace your plumbing fixtures, and provide tips on how to prevent leaks in the future.
Emergency Plumbers Chicago is your Chicago faucet, fixture, and sink installation and repair expert. Click here to read our latest customer reviews and see what your neighbors are saying!
Get up to $75 off on your next plumbing service! Click here to access our latest web specials.
What causes leaky faucets?
Our customers are often surprised when we tell them that there's a myriad of reasons behind their leaking faucet. From worn O-rings to improperly installed washers, your faucet leak stems from a variety of sources.
Here's a quick list of some of the more common reasons your faucet is leaking:
- High water pressure: Faucets are designed in such a way that they stop the pressurized water that flows into your plumbing until you turn or lift the knob on your faucet. If there is too much water pressure in your home, this can force the water out past the various controls, most of which may be designed for a much lower pressure.
- Hard water: When your water supply has a high concentration of hard mineral particles, you will notice limescale buildup that leads to more problems with your fixtures. This buildup can force components like O-rings, valve seats, and seals out of place, which can lead to leaks.
- Thermal expansion: Water expands when it reaches a point just above freezing. This can affect the more pliable components of your faucet that can result in leaking.
- Improper washer installation: Washers are designed to keep excess water at bay, but an improperly installed washer or one that doesn't fit right can allow small amounts of water to escape.
If you are experiencing these or other problems, contact Captain Rooter We will provide an accurate diagnosis of the issue and determine the best solution.
When should you replace your shower valve?
Your shower valve is another component of your plumbing system that is essential to comfort, yet prone to the same issues that cause leaky faucets.
If you notice the following problems, it may be time to have us replace your shower valve:
- Leaking water
- Water that fails to flow as freely as it should
- Too much water pressure
- Inconsistent cold/hot water ratio
- Hissing sounds coming from the shower fixture
What can you do to avoid problems in the future?
We can help you prevent leaking faucets and fixtures with a few adjustments:
- Replace old copper supply tubes to your faucets with steel braided supply lines, which can reduce the effects of hard water
- Reduce your water line's pressure to a range that keeps leaks at bay
- Replace old seals, valve seats, and other components that can create leaks
- Reseat or properly reinstall your faucets and fixtures if they were installed incorrectly
- Install insulation, new pipes, and active heating to prevent the cold from causing thermal expansion within your faucets and fixtures
These are just a few examples of what we can do to prevent leaky faucets and fixtures. We can work with you to address your specific problem and get your plumbing system back to providing uninterrupted water flow to your kitchen and bath.
Call now for a free estimate on your faucet, fixture, or sink service. No matter the problem, we will get to the source and have it repaired as efficiently as possible. Contact us at (773) 840-7800 to schedule an immediate appointment.