Chicago Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Services
Broken garbage disposal? Don't let it clog your drain! Call Captain Rooter today at (773) 840-7800. Best value plumbing in Chicago. Click here to access our online specials and you could save $75 on your next plumbing service!
Garbage disposals not only help keep smells out of your garbage can, but they also help keep your drains from clogging. If your garbage disposal is experiencing problems, get help at a low cost. Captain Rooter is your Chicago garbage disposal repair and installation expert. Our solutions are guaranteed to keep your garbage disposal running at optimal efficiency for several more years to come. Read our latest customer reviews here and see why your neighbors prefer to work with us!
What are signs you need garbage disposal repair?
When you are having problems with drainage in your kitchen sink, the garbage disposal may not be the first thing to check. However, it may very well be the source of the problem.
- Does the garbage disposal fail to power on when needed? If you are pressing the reset button and the unit still fails to work, you may need to call for professional repair.
- Are there unusual sounds coming from the unit when it is on? There may be a jam or the flywheel is stuck. Contact us to repair the problem.
- Is there a problem with the electrical wiring? We can inspect the issue and determine the best course of action.
When is replacement necessary?
In some cases, repairs will not work and the garbage disposal will need to be replaced.
Common reasons for replacement include broken blades and a burnt out motor. If replacing certain components is higher than the cost of a full replacement, we advise looking into replacement options to give you a fully efficient garbage disposal that will not leave you worrying when it will break down next.
How can you avoid problems in the future?
When we arrive for garbage disposal repair, we often find that the unit has been ruined by items that shouldn’t be placed in the disposal. These difficult to shred items include corn husks, egg shells, and fibrous vegetables. Grease and oils that have entered the drain also contribute to problems.
Here are some easy maintenance tips to keep your garbage disposal running smoothly:
- Grind up ice cubes occasionally to keep the blades sharp
- Use citrus peels to give the drain a pleasant smell
- Avoid using bleach or drain cleaners; instead, use cold water as often as you can
- Pour four tablespoons of baking soda and one cup of vinegar into the drain once a month to clear up any small clogs
Call us today!
Don’t make kitchen chores a hassle. Get professional garbage disposal repair and replacement solutions from Captain Rooter We feature top brands and quality parts. When you work with us you can rest assured the same problem won’t recur, so you can enjoy uninterrupted kitchen efficiency for years to come.
Choose the right garbage disposal and have it installed properly with help from the Captain. We also provide part replacements and repairs. Get your free estimate when you call today at (773) 840-7800.