Chicago Slab Leak Repair Services
Fix your slab leak emergency. 24/7 support for urgent problems. Call Captain Rooter today at (773) 840-7800 for great value plumbing in Chicago. Get up to $75 off your next plumbing service—click here for our latest web specials.
Concrete slabs in your home’s foundation can leak and result in significant water damage, as well as high water bills. If you are currently experiencing a slab leak in your home, contact Captain Rooter for immediate service. We are you local Chicago slab leak repair team available 24/7 to help with emergency situations. Call us now for slab leak detection, repair, and tips on how to maintain your plumbing to avoid the problem in the future. Read what your neighbors are saying here in our customer reviews!
What causes this problem?
A number of conditions can lead to a slab leak:
- Corroded pipes under the slab
- Shift in soil can put excessive pressure on the pipes and concrete, causing cracking that leads to leaks
- Expansion and contraction of materials can cause abrasion or cracking
- Poor installation can cause stress on pipes that lead to leaks
- Changes in water quality can cause failure in pipes and cause slab leaks
- Weakened materials over time
What’s the difference between hot & cold water slab leaks?
Detecting hot and cold water slab leaks requires different methods.
Hot water leaks are easier to detect, due to the higher temperatures that can be felt. Cold water leaks can occur at any point along the plumbing system and often require more advanced detection equipment to locate the exact source of the leak.
How can you tell if there is a leak?
Suspect a slab leak? Here are some common signs it’s time to call your plumber for help:
- Moisture or mold growth
- Hot spots on the floor
- High water bills
- Water meter movement even if there is no water use
- Sound of running water between the walls
- Soggy areas, or saturated soil in certain areas of your yard
If you notice these or other problems, contact our experienced slab leak repair plumbers to locate the source of the leak and discuss options for repair.
How can you avoid this problem?
Regular, proper plumbing maintenance helps reduce the risk for concrete slab leaks in your home:
- Have a reputable plumber carry out regular inspections of your plumbing system to detect problems that may be developing.
- Fix small plumbing problems immediately before they become larger issues.
- Test your water pressure periodically to detect leaks in the system.
- Monitor your water bill carefully over the year. If your bills are increasing, but not the result of price hikes, you may have a slab leak that will gradually worsen.
- Inspect your home on a regular basis for floor or baseboard buckling, cracked floor tiles, or other problems that indicate increasing pressure beneath the home.
Our slab leak repair solutions are accomplished using safe, proven techniques that minimize damage to your property. We have the latest in foundation leak detection technology and carry all of the necessary equipment to complete a successful slab leak repair.
Don’t wait for a slab leak to get worse. Tackle the problem now with help from your Chicago plumbers at Captain Rooter. We use advanced detection and repair technology to make sure your home returns to normal. Call today at (773) 840-7800 and ask for your free estimate.